Verizon Wireless Services What data plan do you have on your phone? If you have the Verizon unlimited data plan, you have to pay to use your phone as a hotspot or to tether it to a computer or tablet. It doesn't matter how you connect your phone to your computer, be it wired, WIFI, or blue tooth.
How do I Bluetooth tether my phone to my laptop?
To pair your Android device with your laptop or tablet:
- On your Android phone or device go to Settings > Wireless & networks > More > Tethering & portable hotspot.
- Slide Bluetooth tethering to On.
- Set up Bluetooth on your other device: Android: tap your Android device's name then Internet Access.
How do I connect My Verizon hotspot to my laptop?
How to turn on your Wi-Fi hotspot on an Android device
- Open the Settings app.
- Hit the Network & internet option.
- Then go to Hotspot & tethering.
- Select Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Tap the slider to Bluetooth tethering.
- Customize your hotspot with name, password, etc.
Does Verizon allow free tethering?
Many of our monthly phone plans and certain prepaid plans let you use Mobile Hotspot on capable devices for no additional monthly charge. When a device is connected to your phone's Mobile Hotspot feature or app, data usage is applied to your data plan's monthly allowance.
How do I tether with Verizon?
- Go to Settings.
- Click WiFi & Internet.
- If you can't see an option for Wi-Fi tethering, click More.
- Turn on Tethering.
Does Verizon unlimited allow Tethering?
Unlimited mobile plans: In addition to data-only plans, Verizon also offers unlimited mobile plans that include hotspot data as well. These plans will provide you with unlimited hotspot data and access to Verizon's 5G mobile network.